CPR/AED & First Aid
CPR/AED offers CPR certifications via a classroom environment or blended/online module with in-person skills sessions for the lay rescuer to learn the basic steps of performing CPR for adults, children, and/or infants, relieving choking and using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator). We also offer Basic First Aid, including Environmental, Injury, and Medical Emergencies.
Choose Certification Provider
At GatorCPR, we offer both American Heart Association (AHA) And American Safety & Health Institute (HSI) Certifications.
AHA certification is an extra $20.
Unless AHA is requested by your employer/school/agency, we recommend you choose HSI. HSI is widely accepted and preferred for Non-Healthcare related training. The content within the two certifications remain consistent.
About CPR & AED Training in Gainesville
The CPR/AED course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. These courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After successfully completing the CPR/AED course, students should be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR (child and infant CPR modules are optional)
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (child and infant AED modules are optional)
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child (infant choking module is optional).
About First Aid Training in Gainesville
The First Aid course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner. These courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
First Aid teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
After successfully completing the First Aid course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Describe the assessment of and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding
- Recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
Interested in Group Training for Your Organization?