Basic Life Support Training in Gainesville, FL
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR and other lifesaving skills in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
What is a BLS Certification?
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification reinforces healthcare professionals’ understanding of the importance of early CPR and defibrillation, basic steps of performing CPR, relieving choking, and using an AED; and the role of each link in the Chain of Survival.
Who typically takes this course:
- Doctors, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, EMTs, CNAs, Most Healthcare-Related Workers
- Dentists, Dental Assistants
- Healthcare-Related Studies (i.e., Nursing, Pre-Med, Pre-Pharmacy, PA, etc.)
After successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply its BLS concepts
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- Provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
BLS for Healthcare offers two options:
- Full Classroom / In-Person Training
- Blended Course which included an online module with a classroom component.
Both options provide students with an Instructor-led classroom session. In both classes, students spend plenty of time practicing and performing skills guided by an AHA instructor. The course concludes with each student testing their skills, passing a written exam & receiving their AHA BLS Course Completion Card.
Choose Course Type
Interested in Group Training for Your Organization?